Colombia entered a nationwide quarantine from March 24th to April 13th, the most drastic measure implemented so far by a South American country as it seeks to prevent the spread of the fast-moving coronavirus.
Colombia’s government has already said it will block incoming international flights and ordered people aged 70 and over to stay inside until the end of May. It has also closed land and water borders along with schools and bars.
Governments around the world have implemented restrictions on travel and day-to-day life to stem the virus, which has killed more than 10,000 people around the world.1
Our network of healthcare providers in Colombia offering high complexity services and care were also efficient in taking Covid-19 prevention and control measures at their locations.
– They guarantee safe access for patients, visitors and companions. At access points, security teams take your temperature and ask relevant questions about symptoms and travel.
– They divide emergency care routes to differentiate patients with respiratory symptoms.
– Only one companion per patient is allowed and no companions under 18 or over 60 years of age are allowed.
– All circulation areas (elevators, waiting rooms, corridors and offices) have frequent disinfection and cleaning protocols, according to the contingency. In addition, they have exclusive elevators for the medical and assistance team assigned to COVID.
– Appointments are rescheduled, considering the needs and criticality of each patient.
– Patients and collaborators travel only through the strictly necessary spaces within the Institution.
– They have strengthened the Home Lab Service and delivery of virtual results to patients.
Our network of institutions is committed to the prevention, treatment and rapid control of the virus. Implementing adequate measures to ensure the safety of every single patient is a nationwide priority.
We are confident that the best medical care will be delivered and while supporting our network we are available and prepared to answer your questions. At Global Healthcare 4U we strongly believe that we need to take care of ourselves so we can meet again soon. #wecare4u