The outbreak of Covid-19 has brought uncertainty and confusion. As cases are being confirmed increasingly rapid worldwide, it is essential to understand the contagious nature of the virus and how to implement individual preventive measures to contribute to the well-being of our community. For that reason, we consulted with some physicians of our network and we want to share with you their recommendations:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth with the crease of your elbow or use a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Ventilate closed areas.
- Clean surfaces and objects you use often.
- Avoid using public transportation.
- Try to keep your distance from other people.
Some recommendations on what to avoid:
- Physical greeting.
- Being in non-ventilated places/enclosed areas.
- Touching your face without washing your hands.
- Wearing a mask if you are not sick.
If you or someone you are taking care of is showing any respiratory symptoms, consider the following recommendations on how to wear, use, remove, and dispose a mask:
- Before you put on a mask, wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based detoxifier.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while wearing it; if you do, wash your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based disinfectant.
- Change your mask as soon as it is wet and do not reuse the single-use masks.
- Remove your mask from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); immediately discard it in a closed container and wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based disinfectant.
By following experts’ recommendations, we can flatten the curve of infection and mitigate consequences in a variety of aspects from our everyday life. We are available and prepared to answer your questions. At Global Healthcare 4U we strongly believe that we need to take care of ourselves so we can meet again soon. #wecare4u